Location: Portland, OR
Date Posted: 06/05/2017
Furnished Medical Office for Sublease or Sale
SW Portland / Beaverton, Oregon
Perfect for Functional Medicine Doctor (ND)
We have built a remarkable clinic in SW Portland / Beaverton and it’s sadly time to step away from it and pass the torch.
1. Subleasing the fully furnished clinic
2. Purchasing the furniture and clinic assets and having the lease transferred into your name.
3. Locum tenens position. One of the doctors currently in this space will be taking a 1-3 month sabbatical while she sets up her new business.
4. Purchasing the entire practice outright.
This could be a wonderful turnkey operation to walk into a fully furnished and ready-to-roll practice space!
ABOUT THE PHYSICAL SPACE
This is a professional medical office in a medical complex, featuring 3 treatment rooms, a lab, reception area with separate waiting room, and in suite bathroom. Every room has a sink, and the suite has its own private bathroom – two hard-to-find commodities in office rentals.
– Near St. Vincent’s hospital (easy access to US-26 and 217)
– Office suite in a professional medical complex. We are currently the only functional/integrative clinic in the area, so you’d corner the market.
– Walking distance from Market of Choice and Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy
– Across the street from a new, expansive condominium village and retirement community; lots of potential clientele
– Two commercial lab draw stations within walking distance
The physical space: (Floor plan and photos below)
– ADA-compliant office suite in a professional medical/dental complex
– Plenty of free, on-site parking
– Southern-facing windows and great natural light
ABOUT THE PRACTICE
The practice that has been operating in this space is well established in the neighborhood and greater Portland area. It is an entirely cash-based business with some of the highest rates in town.
The doctor’s practice has been focused on functional medicine family medicine, treating patients of all ages and genders, with a nice balance of using pharmaceuticals when necessary but also using herbs, nutritional supplements, homeopathy, and nature cure strategies. Primary care services are provided, but this is not a primary care home (patients know there is no after-hours on call.)
Administrative-wise, this is a “lean and mean” operation with much lower overhead than most other medical practices. It can easily be administered with one part-time admin employee (training manuals will be provided as a term of sale).
– Fully furnished office space, featuring tasteful, classy furnishings. Includes exam tables, massage table, adjustment table, desks, chairs, waiting room chairs, plants, artwork, etc.
– Water, sewer, garbage
– Trash & recycling
– Use of on-site paper shredding machine (Note: sharps disposal not included, but is quite affordable at Fred Meyer pharmacy)
– (note: wifi NOT included, but available for $30/mo through AT&T without a contract) (https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/gophone-mobile-hotspot.html)
– Two locking built-in cabinets
– Generous storage space (cabinets) in lab
– Use of any on-site office supplies, lab supplies, office equipment, paper products, etc. (up to you to restock these items, however)
– Twice weekly cleaning service
– Security alarm system
– Filtered water dispenser with UV light and charcoal block filter, bottle-less system
Terms of Sublease:
– $3,600 per month covers all of the above expenses
– Due at signing: first and last month’s rent ($7,200 total due at signing)
– 90-day “trial” lease followed by lease renegotiation to 12 months or month-to-month agreement
– Proof of general liability insurance is required, and adding lease holder (me) to your policy will also be required (typically no additional charge to do this)
– Proof of good standing license in your profession and malpractice insurance is required
– Space available: mid July 2017 (sooner move-in at discounted rate available if you’re willing to share the space with the practitioners currently in there who are transitioning out)
LOCUM TENENS TERMS
To be discussed, but if you’re subletting the space then you will keep 100% of money earned from patients seen during the locum position of 1-3 months.
PRACTICE SALE TERMS
To be discussed based on number of assets sold and if patient contacts/chart notes are included or not.
Let us know if you’d like more information and we can set up a time to talk and show you the space.
Serious inquiries only, please. No reaching out “for a friend.” Thanks!
Contact Name: , Phone: